
These pics were taken the weekend of Isaac's 5th birthday. The first is a picture of him with the one toy that he asked for...a Matchbox ship with a lovely SHARK that he just loves! The second pic is of him at Grandma Sherry's little tea table. He loves to fill the tiny pitcher with water (or Kool-Aid!) and serve whoever will play with him...and serve himself. He drinks out of those tiny cups. That's my boy...always fascinated with tiny things!


These are both pics from the air show at Rickenbaker last year.
The pic on the left is David and his daughter Ashley posing by one of the small planes. The one on the right is me manning a machine gun. Look out!
Some things the kids have said and done...
The kids and I were looking at an I Spy book before bed the other night, and Maddie said she spied a red dog. Isaac pointed to the bottom half of a pair of wind-up chopping teeth. Maddie said, "Isaac, those are dentures!" Dentures? She doesn't even know anyone with dentures! I guess they learn new things so often that I am often taken aback....and here I thought they were wind-up teeth! Boy do I have a lot to learn!
I was comforting Maddie before bed after a melt-down she had, when I finally got to the bottom of one of the reasons she was crying. She has a friend in her class that has some developmental delays...I think she is probably autistic at the very least. Well, this girl gets a lot of special treatement because she is a child with disabilities who is mainstreamed and there are certain concessions that have to be made so that her learning is optimalized. She was given a chair with wheels on it, while the other children have regular chairs. She also has a cushy seat on her chair. Maddie was crying because this girl gets special treatement and I tried to tell her why, and that instead of being jealous, maybe she could try being thankful that she didn't have any disabilities. She said, "Well, Sienna gets treated like a princess, and I get treated like white trash!" Whoa. White trash? I couldn't help laughing on that one!
Isaac was playing with our puppy Goldie in the living room while I was packing lunches in the kitchen. I heard him saying, "Well, we had some fun today, now let's get some shuteye!" A few minutes later he said, "Rise and shine little sweetie!" Awww....that was just so sweet.
On the way to take Isaac to school Monday, he said, "Mommy, I know why grown-ups came first and then had babies. They could take care of the babies. But if babies came first, there would be no one here to take care of them!" I laughed at first, but then I asked him where he got that idea. He just said he had been thinking about it. Very insightful young man. That was so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment