Sunday, March 09, 2008

Catch-Up on Funnies...

Sit back and relax and get ready to laugh!!!! Some of these are funny, and some are just downright precious. But ALL of them are 100% Maddie and Isaac!

I have to give you a little background on this one first. My friend Joyce had come in to our apartment while we were away and put all these cute little sayings everywhere that she had gotten from a magazine. On the washing machine was one that said, "Laundry Room: Drop Your Drawers Here!" Another on my bedroom door that said something like, "Mommy Needs Her Sleep!" One on the back door that said, "WELCOME! Close the door before the chickens get in!" (Which was very appropriate because some neighbors down the street had a pet chicken running around their front yard for a few weeks. We think we know what happened to her since, but we don't talk about it!) Okay...so you get the picture. There was one on the microwave that said, "WELL BUTTER MY BUTT AND CALL ME A BISCUIT! LOOK WHO'S HERE!" I explained that one to the kids and it has been a long-standing joke that we just say from time to time and laugh together. One day, Isaac had just gone to the bathroom and yelled out to me, "Mommy, can you wipe my butt?...and call me a buscuit?" Hee hee.

Maddie has insomnia...some nights really bad. She finds it very hard to get to sleep. After we read books and get ready for bed, I lay down with Isaac for a little while and then it's Maddie's turn. It is always such a sweet time. Whether we talk about how her day was at school, what's bothering her, funny things, or reminisce about old times, we just always both go to bed feeling good about our day and love for each other. One night I laid with her for a really long time and I had to get up and leave her, still awake, to go do laundry and dishes before I went to bed. She was very frustrated because she wasn't tired. I told her to count sheep. She laughed and asked me what I meant. I told her how it's done, and she kind of looked at me like I was crazy, but agreed to try it. About 20 minutes later, she came downstairs more frustrated than ever, and with exasperation in her tone she said, "I've counted 137 sheep...and I still can't sleep!" I laughed so hard, went upstairs with her and gave her a massage. Works every time!

Out of the blue a few weeks ago, Isaac said to me, "When people die, does God make new people?" So precious. I had an opportunity to explain to him that there are babies being born constantly around the world and there are also constantly people dying. The cycle of life just continues.

I took the kids to their 6 month check-up at their dentist's office in January. They are always so excited to go because the hygeinists are always so nice and the place is just for kids, so it's fun! Isaac came out kind of in a foul mood...which is unusual as far as dental trips go... and after we got to the van, he let me know why. "The dentist fossiled my teeth all the way to the gums!" In case you didn't know....apparently 'fossiled' is another name for 'flossed'!!!

Maddie made a water lily last year in art class and I still have it on display. Isaac and she were marveling at how it was still moldable. Isaac asked why, and Maddie said, "Cuz it's always moist. Like ferret poop!" Ferret poop? Is she serious????

I was telling the kids and my mom, who was visiting, about my friend Chris' friend's daughter (are you confused now?). The little girl woke up in the morning after putting a tooth that fell out under her pillow and found no money. She got upset and wrote the tooth fairy a letter telling her that she needed to come give her some money for her tooth. The next night, the little girl's grandma put a $20 bill under her pillow. Mom and I were laughing and the kids asked why and I said, "She set a precedence so that the little girl's parents will always have to give her $20 for a tooth." Isaac said, "Is that how the Presidents come?"

Maddie was talking about the water park we have here near us and I had to ask her to repeat what she called the place. "Fort Rabbits," she said. It's called Fort Rapids. Hee hee

The kids and I were playing Cranium and I was helping Isaac. The card he drew told him to draw a ferris wheel, and Maddie had to guess what he drew. I took Isaac into the other room and reminded him what a ferris wheel was. He drew a circle with lines inside it, but Maddie still wasn't able to guess what it was. I whispered to him to draw seats around it. He said, "Ohhhh," and began to draw seats "around" the wheel....like circling the wheel all over the page! LOL. Needless to say...we had to tell Maddie what it was she was supposed to have guessed!

That same day, Isaac had taken off his shirt because he was hot, and he pulled out his nipple. (Yes, there was bound to be one of these in here!) He said to Maddie and I, "Doesn't this look like a hairy volcano?" A hairy volcano?!?!? What?!?!

Maddie recently took some of her own money and bought a little book called, "Me and My Friends: the Book of Us" at the school book fair. It's got all kinds of questions in there for her to answer and pass on to her friends for them to answer. One of the questions was, "Would you rather dress like your mom, rescue a spider, or sing on stage?" She picked rescuing the spider. I asked her why she didn't choose to dress like me?!?! I mean, who wouldn't?!? :) She said, "Cuz then I'd have to wear a bra and my boobs would be big...well, big to me...on you, they're little!" Hmph. Out of the mouths of babes.

This one is so precious. I was praying with Isaac before he went to sleep and we were praying against fear and bad dreams. I told him that God is a Father to the fatherless, so when he is here and has no father here, God is his Daddy and will protect him. He looked up at me and said, "But who will be my mommy at daddy's house?" Awwwww.

Isaac: "Mommy, I love you so much I could explode with hearts.....of blood." Well, like I said....100% Isaac.

David and the kids and I went to see Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. When we got inside the theater Isaac said, "It smells like paper butts in here!" Paper butts. Okay, Isaac.

Isaac was with me when I went to the bank, and he asked me what I was doing. I said I was depositing my paycheck into the bank. He repeated what I said, but called it a "paincheck." I think he's right. We need to re-name those suckers.

Maddie and I were laying in her bed talking before she went to sleep, and she looked at Goldie on the end of the bed. She said, "If Goldie's ear would stick out flat, you could land an airplane on those things!" I laughed and she said, "Funny book?" I said, "Yep." She said, "Augh! The funny book is my arch enemy!" PAUSE..."What does arch enemy mean?" Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment